Network Engineer: ICT Infrastructure
We are looking for an outstanding Network Engineer who is able to work in a high-pressure environment while enjoying a collaborative work culture. The successful applicant will have to be able to design, deploy and maintain system infrastructure at the head office and remote sites. In addition, the candidate will have to have a profound knowledge of Firewalls. They will also be managing the SLA contracts to make sure that the service levels are achieved. They will manage and contribute to the delivery of all IT components of group services in order to meet the business objectives.
- Monitor security, voice and data network activities including, but not limited to the LAN, WAN, WLAN, IP Telephony, Contact Centre.
- Ensuring that services are available and reliable according to internal and vendor service levels.
- Perform and coordinate network related troubleshooting being performed by junior engineers to ensure problems are resolved and handled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Determine the root cause of problems to find ways to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ongoing documentation and maintaining existing and new Infrastructure deployments.
- Maintain a good relationship with other team within the company, contractors, and service providers.
- Provide technical support to other teams and service providers on network related systems to increase productivity in accordance the Company's goals.
- Liaise with service providers to ensure the best support and the SLAs are being met.
- Take lead in security, voice and data installations and projects.
- An excellent understand of security risk identification and assessment.
- Working towards compliance on all network and security related systems.
- Travelling to local sites, International travel may be required on an Ad Hoc basis.
- 8 to 10 years working experience in the IT Sector, mainly in security, voice and data.
- Network and Firewall Management.
- WAN Accelerator Configuration and Management.
- Incident and Problem Management.
- Project Management.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
- Senior profile with proven working experience in ICT Network and Security Management.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related field / equivalent.
- CISSP Certification.
- CCNP Certification.
- CCSP Certification.
- HP Networking Certification.
- Fortinet, Cisco, Checkpoint Security Certification
- Network Management Systems
- Vulnerability Management.
- Security Incident Management.
- Attack and Threat Management.
- Awareness of Server and Application environment.
- Deploying applications on Linux servers and Windows
- Network solutions
- Familiar with cross–browser/platform issues and web application security risks – and solutions to these
- Ability to suggest time estimates and plan technical work from brief business requirements, without detailed specifications
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & Decision making
- Good contract negotiating skills
- Good communications skills(verbal & written)
- Customer service
- Team Leadership
- Report writing
- High degree of self-discipline & control
- Motivation & Analytical
- Service orientated
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Innovative & creative
- Customer service orientation
In making the final selection, consideration will be given to achieving Big Time Strategic Consultants Employment Equity Objectives
Should you not receive correspondence from Big Time Strategic Consultants within 30 days from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO HUMAN RESOURCES
31 October 2017